Thursday, September 21, 2006

The UN, a big question mark.

I sit here wanting to write something about the UN and all that is going on there this week. I think of the UN as a problem solving organization, but the actions do not indicate they are acting in that role.
The first thing that comes to mind is the corruption, the oil for food and all of the money that was stolen, and who was involved in the stealing. The top people in that organization should not be involved in activities of that nature and still be in the top positions. Everything goes on just like nothing happened.
There are big questions in everyones mind whether or not we should even let Iran's President in the country, and many think he should be arrested the minute he steps on our soil. But he comes here and runs our country and its leaders down, and all goes on like nothing happened.
I was glad when Charlie Rangel put his feelings in blunt terms. "Don't come into our country and run down our president." He said we may have problems at times, and not agree, but don't take advantage of that and run down our president, we are offended. I feel the same way.
As far as Iran is concerned, I don't think we should arrest the president, because I don't think he should be in our country. He has threatened to do us harm.
But all goes on like nothing happened.
Like I said, I don't know what to think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home