Monday, July 04, 2005

Campaign Time

Campaign time is here, I hear stories of people walking the streets of downtown running down the members of the Town Board. That is the accepted way today of making people want you for a board member instead of the one who is now on the board.
I hesitate to go into the Liquor Store where so many people gather to talk about the news of the town, I hear that as a member of the town board I am being verbally assaulted there, and am uncomfortable going in wondering what those in the store are saying about me.
I am beginning to work on a campaign, I will create a new website, www.aboutcharliebrown.org, I will create brochures to get my picture in front of the residents of Corinth, I will place election signs on the lawns of people who are willing to support me.
I would hope my greatest asset would be the job I have done for the last 3 1/2 years. That is what I am asking the voters of Corinth to look at and to judge me with. I do not plan on attempting to change the mind of anyone, I do not wish to create some fictional character that never existed before. I am the man who has been on the Corinth Town Board for 2 terms, who did what he thought was best for the residents of Corinth, and am the person who you know will be there and will be interested in the every day functioning of the Government of Corinth.
I ask for your support for another term on the Board, and base my request on the job I have already done for you. I go to the town hall every day, have for the 2 terms I have served, I keep abreast of what is going on in the town government, and I attend all meeting except the very few times I am out of town visiting family.

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Adirondack Explorer said...

I'd go talk with the guys at the store and ask them what they think about how you're doing. You might learn something that could be helpful to you and your election. Just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home