Friday, October 28, 2005

A tough day

Today was a tough day. The Pennysaver came out this morning with 2 articles that were bold face lies. I 'm sure many people know they are lies, and will vote for me anyway. But there is also those who do not know me.
We are back to the days of the trash plant issue, and the same tactics are being used. I am being accused of speaking at the Senior Center and promoting a trash plant in Corinth. First of all I have never spoken at the Senior Center, and second the people who have purchased the IP property don't even know themselves what is going to happen down there. We are trying to set up a meeting with them but at this point we have not been successful. And last, I cannot believe anyone would believe that after the fiasco we went thru with American Ref-Fuel, that I would be speaking to anyone and promoting a trash plant when I am up for reelection.
I can assure everyone in Corinth that I am not promoting a trash plant. I am not well liked by the people who have purchased the IP property because I have been so adamant with them that the people in Corinth "do not" want NYC garbage in Corinth. I will continue to work for re-election and hope that those who have faith in me will talk to their friends and relatives and stand up for me.

1 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth said...

It is really too bad that people feel the need to make up awful, untrue stories about you. I know it must be tough to deal with. I hope things will start looking up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home